Helping meet physical and spiritual needs in the communities around San Juan Chamelco, Guatemala

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Big SEX Question

In the states, people have all sorts of theories for guessing the gender of the baby while those stubborn, old fashioned couples choose not to have the answer revealed on an ultrasound screen. Here are a few I´ve heard over the years.

carrying high = girl (x)
carrying low = boy ( )

Lots of morning sickness = girl ( )
Less = boy (x)

fast heart beat = girl ( )
slower = boy (x)

craving sweets = girl ( )
craving salty and sour = boy (x)

EVERYONE here thinks I´m having a boy for a few of their own
reasons......................

Mom´s that gain weight everywhere = girl ( )
Just a basketball / all belly = boy (x)

Mom´s face generally looks worried and stressed = girl ( )
Mom looks relaxed and happy = boy ( x)

Lots of kicking and movement = boy (x)
Less movement = girl ( )

This next one is my favorite!

A rounded, beautiful belly = girl (x)- Shane's pick
Pointed and not very pretty = boy (x)- Guatemalan's pick


I figure the Guatemalans have more kids than Americans, so as far fetched as some of these sound I´ll assume it´s a boy until proven differently. Besides, I´ve been told many times that my belly is pointed and not pretty like it would be if it were a girl so they better be right or I´ll just be offended that my pregnant belly is unattractive regardless of the gender.

So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment