Helping meet physical and spiritual needs in the communities around San Juan Chamelco, Guatemala

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I've got plenty to be thankful for

Today is Dia de Gracias in Guatemala which means…absolutely nothing. The pilgrims did not land in Central America so Kallie and I are working today. But even though the Guatemalans don’t have a Thanksgiving, it does not mean they are not thankful people. Our friends in the office as well as people we meet in the communities have been great examples to me about thanking God for everything, little and big. Their prayers are so much more filled with gratitude to God than I am accustomed to hearing in the states and it is always a good reminder for me.

So even though we might not be celebrating Thanksgiving this year with family, a turkey and all the trimmings, I am still taking the time to reflect on all the blessings God has given me – an incredible wife, a great family, being here in Guatemala, making new friends – to name a few. Yes I’ve got plenty to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment