Helping meet physical and spiritual needs in the communities around San Juan Chamelco, Guatemala

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Workin' for a livin' or workin' for more?

Kallie and I definitely get our fair share of praises for being in Guatemala. We often hear things like "I'm so proud of you for following God's call to Guatemala, I could never do that", "Thanks for giving up an immediate career out of college to serve God overseas", or "You guys are so awsome for doing what you are doing". But though the compliments are nice, something has always struck me as a little off.

I think many Christians have the idea, whether consciencely or unconsciencely, that the best Christians have given up a normal job to enter into full-time ministry; but this is simply not true. There is a couple of articles written by Bob Thune on "The Theology of Work" that I found very helpful to understand how God wants us to see work. I think they are biblical insights that are both encouraging and challenging (and short for those busy with work). Follow the links below...

What are you called to do?
Created For Work
Work Cursed and Redeemed

The fourth article will probably be posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment